I gave up dairy 6.5 months ago for Boopsie’s benefit. For a long time that was okay with me. It royally sucked some times, but most of the time it was manageable and probably even quite healthy. Then Boopsie’s doctor suggested I try giving her yogurt. So I did.
At first, it seemed like it was all good and I was ELATED. I even had some yogurt (Greek!) myself. Then, Boopsie busted out in a really bad diaper rash and it seemed the most-likely culprit was the yogurt. Perhaps not… but it’s hard to tell. For now, we’re waiting a week or so and then going to give her yogurt again and see what happens.
In the mean-time though, my dairy-less existence has become much more painful… even excruciating at times. Is it the nice weather making me want to eat ice cream? Or is it that I thought I was good to go with dairy for me until she busted out in the rash? I think the feeling is similar to how I was feeling as when we had to delay the sleep-training.
I’m pretty obsessed though. Here are a few things I’m thinking about (in no particular order, referencing several Minneapolis
- Pizza: from Fat Lorenzo’s, from Punch, from Pizza Luce and from Carbone’s (but only the Carbone’s in Eagan)
- Deep fried cheese curds from… hell, anywhere!
- Greek yogurt. With fruit. And granola.
- Macaroni and Cheese – from Noodle’s, from Longfellow Grill and from my damn cupboard
- Lupitas from Pepito’s
- Plain old sharp cheddar cheese. Sam’s Club sells this 2 pound brick of sharp white cheddar that is delicious. I’ll take two please.
- Cream-based soups
- Cow’s milk on cereal… almond milk works, but it’s not as good
So, now that I’ve made myself totally miserable listing these out, I’m going to go stew about what to do. Start eating dairy and *hope* it doesn’t make Boopsie miserable? Hang in there until either 1) we determine that dairy doesn’t mess her up or 2) I quit breastfeeding entirely (I just cut down to 2x/day). I don’t know what to do. And I’m sorry if this sounds petty, but I WANT SOME FREAKING CHEESE!
Now my mouth is watering and I’m cranky. *sigh* Poor Daddy-o.